Second Level Services (SLS)
The Literacy Coordinator works directly with the teachers and students of our 6 Tribal Region’s First Nation schools. Teachers learn new assessment and instructional strategies that engage students in the learning process. Teachers are supported by the Literacy Coordinator through professional development opportunities, grade-alike meetings and by planning and assisting teachers in implementing effective instructional practices. More specifically, these are some of the duties performed by the Literacy Coordinator:
- Fountas & Pinnell (F&P) Pre & Post Assessments & Analysis
- F&P Training (eg. LLI, BAS, Classroom)
- Professional Development Opportunities (Conferences/Workshops, Learning Network PD opportunities, etc)
- Summer Reading Project
- iPad Project
The Numeracy Coach works directly with the teachers and students of our 6 Tribal Region’s First Nation schools. Teachers learn new assessment and instructional strategies that will engage students in the learning process of mathematics. Teachers are also supported by the Numeracy Coach through professional development opportunities, grade-alike meetings and by planning and assisting teachers in implementing effective instructional practices. More specifically, these are some of the duties performed by the Numeracy Coordinator:
- Numeracy Pre & Post Assessments & Analysis
- Teacher Action Plans – Numeracy Focus
- Training Sessions (eg. Math starters; Curriculum mapping)
- Professional Development Opportunities (Conferences, Learning Network, etc)
Treaty, Language and Culture Development
The Treaty, Language and Culture Coordinator supports and provides resources to the Indigenous Language teachers and instructors of our 6 member First Nation schools. The Indigenous Language Cohort group meets on a regular basis throughout the year learning promising instructional practices and sharing positive teaching methodologies. More specifically, these are some of the duties performed by the TLC Coordinator.
- Cree & Dene Language Teacher Cohort
- Total Physical Response (TPR) training to Cree & Dene Language teachers
- Cree & Dene Pre & Post Assessments (Grades 4 & 7)
- Compassionate Schools – Trauma-Informed Practices for Schools
- Treaty Workshops
- FNMI Kits – distribution & training
- Land-based Learning supports
- Professional Development opportunities (Conferences, workshops, etc)
- HEROES support
Student success starts with good attendance and a personal involvement in the learning process. Many of our junior high students disengage from the learning process for a variety of reasons but with successful interventions, these students can become recommitted to the education system.
The HEROES Program is for Jr. High students and focuses on building strengths and teaches students the importance of character development, self-respect, self-dignity and personal growth. As each student learns their gifts, abilities and their own personal value, they begin to accept responsibility for their actions and behaviours, making better choices in all aspects of their lives.
ME to WE is a program where high school students learn about leadership roles and how to make positive changes in their community. The focus is on getting students to think globally but act locally. High school students learn about leadership skills by identifying local challenges and issues and creating projects that work towards improving their social or environmental conditions.
TCEF contracts with Intellimedia in order to provide technical support for PowerSchool issues and enhancement (eg. Customized Reports, PASI compliance with the province).
- Assistance in proposal writing
- Evaluation of teachers for the purpose of permanent certification
- Inclusive Education
- Professional development
- Technology development and enhancement
- School improvement initiatives
- Advisory services
- Building and maintaining partnerships with Aspen View, Northern Lights, St Paul Regional, and Lakeland Catholic School Boards
- School Directed Funding
- Google Suite for Education Training
- New Teachers Orientatation